Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Fear of the Lord

Good Morning :)

I'm enjoying a nice ice coffee right now, but I have a few words to share..

  Young people, we have to walk in the fear of the Lord. We all say we love Jesus, but how do we back that up? John 14:15, "If you love me, KEEP my commandments" So it's more than words. More than just saying we do love him, but showing it. Showing it through word and deed :) Praise him through our actions, seeking his face EVERY day. Desire to be more like him, to allow him to mold us. Yesterday, Bro. P.J. White preached an awesome message, reminding us that there are so many people that believe in us, (Parents, Church family, etc.) But we have to have faith also and mix it with theirs..We have to do our share of spiritual lifting. Live for God! There is no other life worth living. During alter call yesterday, I was praying and I basically told God that this was it. This is why I'm here, called to be his servant. That his will is what I want, not the foolishness of this world.

Mathew 16:26, "For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?"


That verse is tough medicine :) What would we trade it all for? What are we giving in exchange for God? What do we feel is more important? The answer should be, Nothing. Take this whole world and give me Jesus! 


Have a great day :)


-Elias
20110818



No comments:

Post a Comment