Monday, September 19, 2011

A little something...

Hi everyone :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend...Had morning prayer and an ice coffee. Lol :)

There are 2 parts to this post.

Part 1.
  Last night we had church choir! It had been so long but we had great church :) During alter call I introduced myself to a visitor named Edwin. Sort of the quite type but he really enjoyed the service...Hopefully I can secure a bible study with him! During morning service yesterday the morning message was about outreach. What really stuck to me was when the preacher said, (in short) Spend time with the visitors...We need to stop being so selfish. That really struck me and I asked God for a burden for one of our new people. I'm reminded of the simple Sunday school song, we all know so well.  "This little light of mine" The second verse goes, "Hide it under a bushel Oh no!/I'm gonna let it shine!

It's more than just a "Sunday School Song" It still holds true today!



Part 2.  I was recently asked what my fav. song is...of course this was difficulty for me to answer for me because I have so many. If I had to narrow it down to one, it would be.... 

Relient K, "Getting into you"

I've posted the lyrics below, you can sample it and even buy it on Itunes.

When I made up my mind
And my heart along with that
To live not for myself
But yet for God, somebody said
Do you know what you are getting yourself into

When I finally ironed out
All of my priorities
And asked God to remove the doubt
That makes me so unsure of these
Things I ask myself, I ask myself
Do you know what you are getting yourself into
Publish Post
[Chorus]
I'm getting into you
Because you got to me, in a way words can't describe
I'm getting into you
Because I've got to be
You're essential to survive
I'm going to love you with my life

When he looked at me and said
I kind of view you as a son
And for a second our eyes met
And I met that with a question
Do you know what you are getting yourself into

[Chorus]

I've been a liar and I'll never amount to
The kind of person you deserve to worship you
You say you will not dwell on what I did but rather what I do you say
I love you and that's what you are getting yourself into

[Chorus]

He said, I love you and that's what you are getting yourself into 


I love this song! It's so simple but meaningful! So check it out! 

Have a great day :)

-Elias

20110919







No comments:

Post a Comment