Tuesday, December 13, 2016

"You go to church alot"

Good Morning,

Hope everyone is enjoying this time of year as much as I have been. Mostly the weather! Sure I love the summertime but something about this cold weather, makes me want to play some football. lol


Anyways..quick post because I felt inspired. Make a long story short...My coworker is a long time friend of mine...We have known each other since 4th grade. I'm 26, you do the math. lol

Monday mornings usually go like this...

Me: "What up man, good morning."
Coworker: "Sup bro, how was the weekend?"

Keep in mind the following.....Usually my weekends consist of some sort of church function or event, along with actual service on Sundays..My coworker has been to my church once before but does not regularly attend church.

So he says, "that's too much, your always at church..."

What? hold up. lol I don't take offense to that and I realize that he just doesn't fully understand..

Let me just remind the church going readers of this blog of the following:

We LOVE the church, that's why we do it. We put God's house first and essentially you are putting God first in your life..Putting God first in your life and the promises that come with that are a whole blog post in and of itself. You will soon find that your life revolves around the church, we want to raise our family in this truth. God has been so good to us and we in return give back...of our time, resources etc. As much as there is work and sacrifice involved, there are countless memories and good times that go with that. Its an honor to dwell in the house of the Lord.

Be proud of your church, regardless of the number of members there are in it, put all you can in it...it might be later down the road that your kids will reap the benefits but it doesn't matter. Its all worth it. I think of my church, we celebrated a 35th pastoral anniversary this year and to just be a part of it, is awesome. There was a point in time where it was just a store front. There were couples that made commitments to God and now they are grand parents with gran kids on the drums, leading service, etc. There were several storms and seasons between then and now but look what the Lord has done.

I also looked around at our sanctuary and thought of all the men and woman that helped build this church. Literally and figuratively. Some of those people have since passed away but they were apart of a work that will have eternal effects..all you can do is stand in Awe.


So yeah...I do go to church alot ;)



Have a great day everyone :)

20161213
-Eli



No comments:

Post a Comment